Chairman of the Technical Committee Russ Giles outlines
the technical decisions taken at a recent board meeting.
There were a number of technical and class changes confirmed that we
wish to share with the membership as soon as possible.
- The 2 Litre cars will be split in to 3 classes rather than the existing
2. Names of these classes need to be confirmed but are summarised below.
- Classic - Pre 93 only, including all FVL's
- New class - Post 92 non F3 cars and F3 cars 93 to 96
- 2000 - Post 96 F3 cars and all FRS 16v cars
- There will be a list of approved rain lights issued by the club. It
will be compulsory to use a rain light from this list as of next year.
- The Formula Renault 2.0L 16V 2000 onwards car will cease to be eligible
for any class from 1 Jan 2017
- Note that the 95 to 99 8V cars will continue to be eligible
- As previously announced, the eligibility date for 2000 will move forward
on 1 Jan 2017 to allow cars up to 2007 to be used.
- The Dtec class will not continue next year but the cars will be found
a home in another class.
If you need any more information regarding the above, please contact
Steven, Russ or your class reps who will be pleased to help.
Disclaimer: The above represents only the unofficial view of
the writer and not of the Monoposto Racing Club in any way whatsover.
Subheadlines and captions are not originated from the named author.
We are unable to reproduce results due to copyright reasons. If any pictures
are copyright and the owner wishes them removed please email us.